4.18.2007

The Children of Hurin



yes! I hate myself. I forgot that the 40% ends today for purchasing the new Tolkien book. damn! anyway, seeing it on last weeks list made me excited. I want to get a copy of it! thats the only thing that matters to me... hmmm... maybe. (but getting a 40% discount will be a whole lot better! from $26 to $15? *argh!*)

a critique in Yahoo.Com says its a little different from the usual Tolkien stories, as this is more sad or to use his word, it is "gloomy". heck! the Tolkien brain is what matters in reading his works! plus, it has a character named Morgoth... a name that resembles to mine! haha! just that Morgoth is a villain. eeep! hihihi! =o)

so hopefully i'll get it this weekend, and see when i can start on it... i'll squeeze it in between textbooks. =o)



*edited 4/21:
1) Children Of Hurin site by Houghton Mifflin
2) Interview with Christopher Tolkien
3) #1
4) #2
5) #3

2 R a v e s:

SoNSo1 said...

Be ready for something completely different. No hobbits. Sad, dark elves. Ignoble men. I loved the first age.

PS. I bought it last night with 30% discount at BN members!

I have only read the back of the book that tells how tolkien's son came up with this version.

I'm gonna try and squeeze it this weekend.

@margeemateo said...

yey! Borders still has a 40% coupon for the book! im so excited to get hold of it! =o)