3.06.2009

Living a Kaleidoscope World

i realized now why i didnt have much clue or background on 90's rap scene. i grew up listening to Francis M., the Filipino artist who wasnt too big with the masses, but who captured the English speaking and listening population of Filipinos. before finding out about his leukemia last year, i was a visitor to his blog site that featured his awesome camera collection that includes antiquated cameras. his photos that were featured in different publications were also uploaded on his blog, and it was nice to see his point of view when shooting events like parades from different provinces and such. i believe he even had a feature of last year's Panagbenga festival in Baguio. i was in grade 1 when his Tagalog song was such a hit on the airwaves, and i think he even visited our family day that year. i would never claim to be a big fan, but i appreciated his songs like Kaleidoscope World and Cold Summer Nights. his songs are a part of my growing years, and knowing some of his kids was also a nice part of my life. me with other "Kabataan Para sa Kinabukasan" (Kids For a Brighter Future), say "Rest in Peace, my man!"

Three stars and a sun, in one sky, so high,
I live and die and die will I for my
Motherland this is the land of my birth,
No purse is worth the price of this earth
Can we rise, can we all, hell no!,
Or should we all just take the fall?
Bless the man if his heart and his land are one

(Three Stars and A Sun)

0 R a v e s: