7.24.2008

Camera

nope, not even my basket has an item called CAMERA. i still cant figure out what i want, or if i really have to give up my C300 now. but most people have been ga-ga over lomographic cameras, the ones with film and cute photo finish. ive been looking at it, and am thinking of getting even the disposable ones. but really, why do i want one? do i need it? and in the spirit of Blair Witch Project and Cloverfield, will my shots make it look like im in spooky town? will i need a paranormal investigator to tell me my photo is faux? but still, part of me (like 35% maybe) wants to get this. Chakra Edition Colorsplash Camera. sounds cool, but will my money be worth it? part of me says, go get it and get a new digital camera too. maybe i'll get the disposable lomo and a cheap nice digital so that everything will be worth it, but the other part of me says, dont get the lomo, just max on the digital. oh well! i dunno.

6 R a v e s:

SoNSo1 said...

Who still develops film?

@margeemateo said...

sams?

One Little Seedling said...

Just get a digital camera and use photoshop... BAM! .Lomography 3.0 or what have you. Forget developing.. it's a waste of money. I mean you can if you want... but you at least you have the choice with digital.

I just want to say .Lomography seems like a scam. =) It's cute... but so are penguins. Neither of which I would recommend buying.

@margeemateo said...

seed: lomography uses exposed film... what? just a thought on your scam aspect. =)

One Little Seedling said...

I'm just saying what's the point? You can use photoshop. =)

I know its like art and all... but I'm just saying if you're debating the whole cash thing... digital... photoshop... and print when you need.

=)
That's all I'm saying for a budget minded soul.

"lomography uses exposed film... what? just a thought on your scam aspect."
I don't get this lomography thing. You send 'em your used film? You buy used film and get funky colors?

Hee hee. I really don't get it.

@margeemateo said...

its the Guggenheim museums fault! they were selling the lomo cameras that prompted me to think about this. i kept on looking at it, but the price is just mad. so im pretty much sane still for 25% considering it.

60% of my brain tells me its useless. 40% thinks its cute.