5.21.2008

iWork 08

so im adding some MBs to my computer. pfft. after i downloaded Google Earth, which by the way is nice in a crazy sense, i saw that the iWork 08 has a thirty day trial version. so i downloaded it.

AWESOME!!!

for someone who like me uses a lot of the documents software, this one is for you. iWork's Pages software does have both coolness and function in it. comparing to the Word Vista version, Pages is easy to use with all that you need at the click of the mouse. when u need to embed graphs or charts, the buttons are on your document already, and when you need to do some proofreading, you can click proofread and it tells you if you want to proofread your work after you're done typing, or while you are typing. there's also the button to click when you want to make a triangular text. awesome!

for a first time user of Pages, i really liked it. not because its an Apple, but because its just useful. ive been an avid Word user for who knows how long, and have lived my school life around it. in fact, i am using windows for mac right now. but there came recently this whole complicated software called Vista which i wanted to throw across the classroom in many occasions. Vista Word aimed to be user-friendly by using a load of icons on each document page, however, it failed to think of functionality. i swear, i could use the old software and look for it on the menu drop downs than look at the colorful Vista Word and still not find the printer icon there. it was plain mad. the only thing that saved me from a three minute chaos over printing is when i used the shortcut Ctrl+P which was one of the shortcuts they kept in this new version. other Microsoft dissing that i can think of right now is when in the midst of MS Office 98, they came up with a downgraded version called MS Works which was plain useless. it was free when i had my Acer laptop (back when), and your work is not honored by your teachers coz the text is not justified. it is like MS Works Documents is the upgraded version of Wordpad. try the old trick of saving and opening on an MS Office enabled computer and you'll see notepad where you have all the characters. hoh well! then they upgraded it, you can open MS Office Word with Works and vice versa, but without the justified button and the images do not match, thats another disaster. in other words, they are having a hard time and i was heaving in anger. anyway, now with Vista, oh yes! i cant open my Office for Mac documents. oh well! they can come up with different techno stress for me really.

so back to iWorks Pages, i still have to discover more about it, but right now, i can say i like it. if by August I am so used to this, count me in to buy the full version!

2 R a v e s:

SoNSo1 said...

I have both iWork 08 and 06 on gondolin. One thing that has pissed me off is that gondolin reads both as still demoware. She prompts me to purchase a license even though I have one for 06.

Can't they recognize that I'm running 2 versions?

I guess I should just buy a license for 08. *shrug*

@margeemateo said...

i'll bump to that later on. for now, i shall enjoy its pleasure.