5.03.2008

finding truth in 1979

Video for Gangsters by The Specials

Gangster by The Specials Bernie Rhodes knows Don't Argue / Why must you record my phone calls?/ Are you planning a bootleg LP? / Said you've been threatened by gangsters/Now it's you, that's threatening me / Can't fight corruption with con tricks / They use the law to commit crime / And I dread, dread to think what the future will bring / When we're living in gangster time / Don't call me scar face / Can't interrupt while I'm talking / Or they'll confiscate all your guitars / and catch 22 says if I sing the truth / they won't make me an overnight star / Don't offer us legal protection / They use the law to commit crime / I dread to think what the future will bring / When we're living in gangster time / Bernie Rhodes knows Don't Argue

living truth of 1979, prophetic truth now.

2 R a v e s:

SoNSo1 said...

TwoTone!

Of course the gov't is our own gangter.

@margeemateo said...

i knew i missed an article or two.

*living truth of 1979 was also then's prophetic truth that we see now.*