1.06.2007

my 15 cheesy's

last week i was watching this special in Style Network on counting down the Top 50 Chick Flicks. I took note of each movie, and I am now deriving my top 15 from that list, according to those that I have seen.

out of the 50, i was able to see 30, and out of the 30, here are the 15 that stood out for me, and i'd like to talk about.

15) FATHER OF THE BRIDE- about parenthood and knowing that marriage is not the end of the parenthood stage, it just lessens it.

14) SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE- almost everything is good in the movie, in terms of the actors, and the love element. the only prob? well they found each other thru talk radio... creepy!

13) WHILE YOU WERE SLEEPING- "i gotta huge crush on you, but after an unfortunate incident where i did not think twice on being a good samaritan, then you were in a coma, and a mix-up happened, and i ended up liking your brother." most memorable scene, when Sandra Bullock didnt know what Peter Gallagher's car was. well, thank God for remote control locks!

12) WEDDING CRASHERS- such a comedy! oh, and the love story aspect? crazy!

11) NOTTING HILL- "I am just a girl, standing infront of a boy, asking him to love me." Waah!!! who wouldnt fall for a line like that? Plus, When You Say Nothing At All (Ronan Keating version). :)

10) CLUELESS- one cheesy movie im a sucker for! i honestly love this. if i am cher, who is my josh?

9) LEGALLY BLONDE- made me want to go back to my original plan, going to law school! "what?!?" that was my reason for watching it! who said about their love story?

8) HOW TO LOSE A GUY IN 10 DAYS- when you least expect to fall in love... Sweet!!!

7) LOVE ACTUALLY- a collection of love stories. best one? Emma Thompson getting convinced that her hubby has a "mistress" because of the necklace that never got to her hands. "why?" coz that is the only realistic story in the whole movie.

6) MY BESTFRIEND'S WEDDING- platonic love, unrequited love, and the obstacles of the one-sided love.

5) 10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU- a movie that doesnt tire me to repeat over and over. a teen's dream love story, minus the bet.

4) CHOCOLAT- way to a man's heart is thru his stomach, and let him eat something sweeter than that.

3) PRIDE AND PREJUDICE- a lively, entertaining, and thought provoking adaptation of the Jane Austen classic. cheers to feminism!

2) A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN- beyond the love story of a man and a woman, it is the love story of sisters that stood out. plus the Madonna song was really somehting.

1) JOY LUCK CLUB- no proper words can say how much i love this movie. so Asian, plus so dramatic. i dunno, i just love watching this. my #1 pick for this list.

0 R a v e s: